Platform for nature-based solutions, resources, projects, best practices (NetworkNature)
Nature based Solutions (NBS) pursue several goals and have at the same time ecological, economic, social and possibly cultural advantages. The aim of the NetworkNature project is to expand the NBS community, advance the implementation and expansion of nature-based solutions, and offer resources, projects, best practices and tools under one roof.
The focus is on:
- Improving the NBS evidence base through knowledge sharing, mapping the research and innovation landscape and identifying knowledge gaps.
- Upscaling the use of NBS through market analysis, consultancy and capacity building, as well as creating new European NBS regional hubs and networking with practitioners, companies, investors and policy makers
- Awareness raising involving existing stakeholders and outreach to new target groups as well as training for younger generations
NetworkNature establishes an online platform with the latest research, information, best practices, events and resources. With a "match-making" service, the project partners offer products and services to companies and researchers.
As a project partner, the Steinbeis Europa Zentrum is responsible for the exploitation of project results, advice on IPR, support for Nature-Based Enterprise and Business Models and Finance. It addresses European SMEs in particular, offers market analyses and supports the development of new business models. In order to stimulate processes of co-creation and internationalisation, training courses are designed and interested companies are brought into contact with investors.
- Funding: European Commission, Horizon 2020
- Funding budget for all partners: 2,2 Mio. EUR
- Participating countries: Belgium, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland
- Project duration: 06/2020 – 07/2023