Network for forestry stakeholders expands focus to digital topics (ROSEWOOD 4.0)
ROSEWOOD4.0 builds on the existing ROSEWOOD network, which was initiated in 2018 in the frame of a Horizon 2020 project. The current project expands the established network both geographically and with regard to tools and solutions.
The focus is placed on digital solutions and tools for knowledge transfer and the improvement of education and training in the forestry sector. A wide range of innovations will be made available through the identification and provision of best practices. This way, knowledge exchange between stakeholders in the forestry sector throughout Europe will be supported. By disseminating ICT solutions for the forestry and wood industries, ROSEWOOD4.0 aims to increase their competitiveness and support rural development in the context of the European bioeconomy.
Five regions are participating in the ROSEWOOD4.0 network, each of which is represented by a competence centre, a so-called wood mobilisation hub, that coordinates the project activities.
As project coordinator, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum is responsible for the coordination, the administrative project management and the development of new business ideas and models.
- Project name acronym: ROSEWOOD4.0
- Funding Institution: European Commission
- Funding Budget for all partners: 2 M EUR
- Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine
- Project duration: 01/2020 – 12/2021