Digital innovation hubs for SME in the manufacturing industry (AI REGIO)
Like the steam engine or electricity in earlier times, artificial intelligence is changing our society and economy today. The digital transformation of industry is already in full swing, however, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) face particular obstacles in integrating AI-driven processes into their production operations.
The EU project AI REGIO made sure that help gets where it is needed for manufacturing SMEs by exploiting and enriching the cross-border network of so called regional Digital Innovation Hubs, competence centers from which companies can access skills and facilities not available in their region.
Through user experiments, SMEs were connected with regional DIHs. Furthermore, project partners are addressing political, technological and business barriers that regional competence networks face in order to create new opportunities for growth and innovation.
As project partner, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum was responsible for the communication and dissemination activities.
- Project name acronym: AI REGIO
- Funding: European Commission, Horizon 2020
- Funding for the whole project all partners: 9,2 Mio EUR
- Participating countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain
- Project duration: 10/2020 - 09/2023