Business models for intelligent transport systems (NEWBITS)
ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) is a group of technologies and applications that coordinate the interaction of different means of transport in the best possible way through networked data communication. Four different topics and applications have been identified as the most important ITS business areas, market segments and transport types:
- Sustainable mobility between cities
- Efficient traffic management systems
- Efficiency-enhancing solutions for freight transport in waterways
- Customer satisfaction and safety in rail transport
To ensure the success of the business model, all stakeholders necessary for a given ITS solution (e.g. IT developers, transport operators, network operators, etc.) were brought together. A Network Platform supported different stakeholders and promoted an integrated network approach to develop and disseminate new business models for ITS services. The results are particularly interesting for representatives from cities, transport authorities as well as infrastructure operators, transport operators, ITS service providers, academics, funding agencies, transport associations and end users.
Steinbeis Europa Zentrum was responsible as project partner for the international communication of the project, consolidation and dissemination of the research results.
- Funding: European Commission
- Funding budget: 97 Mio. EUR
- Participating countries: Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Spain
- Duration: 10/2016 – 03/2019