Leading-edge cluster project INSEM-SW
Internationalisation Strategies for Spitzencluster Electromobility South-West
The project INSEM-SW focused on strategically bringing up the “Leading-Edge Cluster Electric Mobility South-West” to an international research, innovation and policy networks level, and to strengthening the international R&D collaboration and business partnerships of cluster members with different international stakeholders. The project INSEM-SW was sponsored by the Ministry for Finance and Economics Baden-Wuerttemberg and e-mobil BW GmbH – State Agency for Electric Mobility and Fuel Cell Technology Baden-Wuerttemberg.
“Leading-Edge Cluster Electromobility South-West” had the goal to launch the e-mobility developments from Baden-Wuerttemberg as the world market leader for new energy vehicle solutions. As a crucial partner of the cluster’s ‘Working Group Internationalization’ and manager of INSEM-SW project, Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum played an important role in international developments and potential cooperation.
Project INSEM-SW has implemented a series of measures to strengthen the international cooperation and setting-up the strategic partnerships with other networks active in the field of new energy mobility solutions. The project objectives of establishing an efficient internationalisation strategy could be broken down to the following four key areas:
1. Development of technical and strategic exchange between national and international clusters and their members via organizing R&D cooperation talks and matchmaking events (brokerage events), both in Germany and abroad.
2. Extension and development of the international cooperation-network by:
- Development of international cooperation strategies in the fields of research and innovation for the cluster and its stakeholders.
- Setting-up strategic alliances between different clusters; building-up network dialogues with relevant technology platforms, international research networks and other policy networks. As well as the initiation of European research projects with international partners.
- Identification and consultation of appropriate European or national funding instruments (Calls and Support Programmes) for cluster stakeholders.
3. Initiation and implementation of international cooperation projects by:
- Conducting innovation audits to analyse the innovation and cooperation potentials of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) active in the new energy mobility developments.
- Organizing workshops and seminars on the project proposal processes (Proposer\'s Days) for relevant calls.
- Searching partners and matchmaking potentials for stakeholders via the Enterprise Europe Network.
- Monitoring of acquisition and funding opportunities for international research, cooperation and innovation projects.
- Assisting in formulation of project proposals and amending the proposal content to support the proposal submission processes for different European support programmes like FP7, Horizon 2020, JTI, etc.
4. Supporting SMEs to avail opportunities for international cooperation through trainings in the following fields:
- Project proposal preparation and application trainings
- Trainings on coordinating and managing multinational RTD and cooperation projects
- General trainings on administrative and financial project management.
Expected crucial outcomes of INSEM-SW were strategic alliances between different players from the new energy mobility, as well as long-term research and innovation cooperation with highly qualified partners from all over Europe. INSEM-SW will actively support the development of new energy mobility in Europe via providing support, advices and other services to the automotive industry in different international areas.
Project duration: 04/2013 - 12/2014