European project REMOURBAN
REgeneration MOdel for accelerating the smart URBAN transformation
With REMOURBAN 22 partners aim at the development and validation of a sustainable urban regeneration model in the three lighthouse cities Valladolid (Spain), Nottingham (UK) and Tepebasi/Eskisehir (Turkey). Joining them are two follower cities, Seraing (Belgium) and Miskolc (Hungary), both committed to verifying replicability of the REMOUBAN approach on their own turf.
The project leverages the convergence area of the energy, mobility and ICT sectors in order to accelerate the deployment of innovative technologies, organisational and economic solutions to significantly increase resource and energy efficiency, improve the sustainability of urban transport and drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions in urban areas. The urban renovation strategy focuses on the citizens, because they become the cornerstones to making a smart city a reality and will not only be the most affected by the improvements but also they will be the common factor of each of them. A powerful dissemination plan will integrate a citizen engagement strategy and will disseminate the benefits of the project to a wide variety of audiences.
The overall objectives of the project are:
- The development of a sustainable urban regeneration model, considering a holistic approach, which supports the decision making of the main stakeholders for addressing wide renovation and city transformation processes
- The validation of the urban regeneration model by means of large scale interventions on the lighthouse cities, Valladolid, Nottingham and Tepebasi/Eskisehir
- The replicability of the model at European level
- The exploitation and market deployment strategies to support the commercial exploitation of the project outcomes
SEZ is project partner for innovation measures accompanying the project partners in reaching the research and innovation targets of the project:
- Supporting the process of transferring RTDI actions into marketable applications
- Communication & dissemination of RTDI results for exploitation
Project Duration: 01/2015 – 12/2019
Participating Countries: Germany, Spain, Turkey, UK, Belgium, Hungary, Italy