Towards sustainable food systems in cities (FUSILLI)
The goal of the EU project FUSILLI is to develop and implement an integrated, systemic food policy in the urban, peri-urban and rural areas of 12 European cities. The focus is on the development of a Living Lab in each city, which act as open innovation ecosystems. Here, various measures will be implemented that include all stages of the food chain: from production and processing to distribution, logistics and consumption. Furthermore, food waste and the political level are addressed.
Through the so-called FUSILLI Knowledge Community, cities can identify best practices to implement innovative and personalised actions, putting citizens at the center of the process. FUSILLI addresses all key stakeholders, sectors and geographical levels.
As project partner, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum is responsible for the communication activities and the dissemination and exploitation of project results.
- Project name acronym: FUSILLI
- Funding Institution: European Commission
- Funding budget for all partners: 12,8 M EUR
- Participating countries: Denmark, Germany, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croation, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Turkey and Ukraine
- Project duration: 01/2021 – 12/2024