Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination includes activities targeting a sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply. In line with the scope of cluster 5, this includes activities in the areas of renewable energy; energy system, grids and storage; as well as Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS).
This destination contributes to the activities of the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) and its implementation working groups.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy136 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations;
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Affordable and clean energy.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions”, notably through
- Fostering European global leadership in affordable, secure and sustainable renewable energy technologies and services by improving their competitiveness in global value chains and their position in growth markets, notably through the diversification of the renewable services and technology portfolio (more detailed information below).
- Ensuring cost-effective uninterrupted and affordable supply of energy to households and industries in a scenario of high penetration of variable renewables and other new low carbon energy supply. This includes more efficient approaches to managing smart and cyber-secure energy grids and optimisation the interaction between producers, consumers, networks, infrastructures and vectors (more detailed information below).
- Accelerating the development of Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) as a CO2 emission mitigation option in electricity generation and industry applications (including also conversion of CO2 to products).
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 30.03.2023:
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-01: Renewable Energy Valleys to increase energy security while accelerating the green transition in Europe
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-02: PV integration in buildings and in infrastructure
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-03: Floating PV Systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-04: Solar Systems for Industrial Process Heat and Power
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-05: Critical technologies for the offshore wind farm of the Future
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-06: Demonstration of advanced biofuel technologies for aviation and/or shipping
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-07: Demonstration of synthetic renewable fuel for aviation and/or shipping
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-08: Demonstration of sustainable tidal energy farms
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-09: Waste heat reutilisation from data centres
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-10: Supporting the development of a digital twin to improve management, operations and resilience of the EU Electricity System in support to REPowerEU
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-11: Demonstration of DC powered data centres, buildings, industries and ports
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-12: Development of MVDC, HVDC and High-Power Transmission systems and components for a resilient grid
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-13: Development of novel long-term electricity storage technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-14: Demonstration of innovative, large-scale, seasonal heat and/or cooling storage technologies for decarbonisation and security of supply
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-15: Supporting the green and digital transformation of the energy ecosystem and enhancing its resilience through the development and piloting of AI-IoT Edge-cloud and platform solutions
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-16: Support action to the SET Plan IWG on HVDC & DC Technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-17: Development of CO2 transport and storage demo projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-01-18: Clean Energy Transition Co-funded Partnership
Gesamtbudget für die Destination im Jahr 2023: 616 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.