Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply (Horizon Europe)
The transition of the energy system will rely on reducing the overall energy demand and making the energy supply side climate neutral. R&I actions will help to make the energy supply side cleaner, more secure, and competitive by boosting cost performance and reliability of a broad portfolio of renewable energy solutions, in line with societal needs and preferences. Furthermore, R&I activities will underpin the modernisation of the energy networks to support energy system integration, including the progressive electrification of demand side sectors (buildings, mobility, industry) and integration of other climate neutral, renewable energy carriers, such as clean hydrogen. Innovative energy storage solutions (including chemical, mechanical, electrical and thermal storage) are a key element of such energy system and R&I actions will advance their technological readiness for industrial-scale and domestic applications. Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) is a CO2 emission abatement option that holds great potential and R&I actions will accelerate the development of CCUS in electricity generation and industry applications.
What is the goal to be achieved?
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions”.
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-01: Demonstration of wave energy devices to increase experience in real sea condition
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-02: Sustainability and educational aspects for renewable energy and renewable fuel technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-03: Market Uptake Measures of renewable energy systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-04: Novel tandem, high efficiency Photovoltaic technologies targeting low cost production with earth abundant materials
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-05: Energy Sector Integration: Integrating and combining energy systems to a cost-optimised and flexible energy system of systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-06: Increasing energy system flexibility based on sector-integration services to consumers (that benefits system management by DSOs and TSOs)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-07: Reliability and resilience of the grid: Measures for vulnerabilities, failures, risks and privacy
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-08: Electricity system reliability and resilience by design: High-Voltage, Direct Current (HVDC)-based systems and solutions
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-09: Demonstration of superconducting systems and elpipes
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-10: Demonstration of advanced Power Electronics for application in the energy sector
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-11: Reinforcing digitalisation related know how of local energy ecosystems
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-12: Integration of CCUS in hubs and clusters, including knowledge sharing activities
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-13: Cost reduction of CO2 capture (new or improved technologies)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-14: Support to the activities of the European Geological Services
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-02-15: Support to the activities of the ETIPs and technology areas of the SET Plan
Gesamtbudget für die Destination 3: 1.226 MEUR
Destination 3 im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22 finden Sie hier.
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2021-2022) finden Sie hier.