Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods (Horizon Europe)
This Destination includes activities addressing safe and smart mobility services for passengers and goods.
Europe needs to manage the transformation of supply-based transport into safe, resilient and sustainable transport and demand-driven, smart mobility services for passengers and goods. Suitable research and innovation will enable significant safety, environmental, economic and social benefits by reducing accidents caused by human error, decreasing traffic congestion, reducing energy consumption and emissions of vehicles, increasing efficiency and productivity of freight transport operations. To succeed in this transformation, Europe’s ageing (and not always sustainable) transport infrastructure needs to be prepared for enabling cleaner and smarter operations.
Europe needs also to maintain a high-level of transport safety for its citizens. Resilience should be built in the transport systems to prevent, mitigate and recover from disruptions. Research and innovation will underpin the three safety pillars: technologies, regulations and human factors.
What is the goal to be achieved?
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “Safe, seamless, smart, inclusive, resilient and sustainable mobility systems for people and goods thanks to user-centric technologies and services including digital technologies and advanced satellite navigation services”
Call topics for 2021
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-01: More powerful and reliable on-board perception and decision-making technologies addressing complex environmental conditions (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-02: Common approaches for the safety validation of CCAM systems (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-03: Physical and Digital Infrastructure (PDI), connectivity and cooperation enabling and supporting CCAM (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-04: Cyber secure and resilient CCAM (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-05: Analysis of socio-economic and environmental impacts and assessment of societal, citizen and user aspects for needs based CCAM solutions (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-06: Framework for better coordination of large-scale demonstration pilots in Europe and EU-wide knowledge base (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-07: More efficient and effective multimodal freight transport nodes to increase flexibility, service visibility and reduce the average cost of freight transport
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-08: New delivery methods and business/operating models to green the last mile and optimise road transport
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-09: Climate resilient and environmentally sustainable transport infrastructure, with a focus on inland waterways
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-10: Testing safe lightweight vehicles and improved safe human-technology interaction in the future traffic system
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-11: Radical improvement of road safety in low and medium income countries in Africa
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-12: Controlling infection on large passenger ships
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-13: Safe automation and human factors in aviation – intelligent integration and assistance
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-01: European demonstrators for integrated shared automated mobility solutions for people and goods (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-02: Reliable occupant protection technologies and HMI solutions to ensure the safety of highly automated vehicles (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-03: Human behavioural model to assess the performance of CCAM solutions compared to human driven vehicles (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-04: Integrate CCAM services in fleet and traffic management systems (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-05: Artificial Intelligence (AI): Explainable and trustworthy concepts, techniques and models for CCAM (CCAM Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-06: Predictive safety assessment framework and safer urban environment for vulnerable road users
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-07: More resilient aircraft and increased survivability
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-01-08: Safer navigation and tackling containership fires
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-01: Logistics networks integration and harmonisation through operational connectivity to optimise freight flows and drive logistics to climate neutrality
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-02: Urban logistics and planning: anticipating urban freight generation and demand including digitalisation of urban freight
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-03: Smart enforcement for resilient, sustainable and more efficient transport operations
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-04: Accelerating the deployment of new and shared mobility services for the next decade
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-05: Advanced multimodal network and traffic management for seamless door-to-door mobility of passengers and freight transport
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-06: Smart and efficient ways to construct, maintain and decommission with zero emissions from transport infrastructure
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D6-02-07: New concepts and approaches for resilient and green freight transport and logistics networks against disruptive events (including pandemics)
Gesamtbudget für die Destination 6: 380 MEUR
Destination 6 im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22 finden Sie hier.
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2021-2022) finden Sie hier.