Mission: Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030 (HORIZON EUROPE)
The Mission ‘Restore our ocean and waters by 2030’ will provide a systemic approach for the restoration, protection and preservation of our ocean, seas and waters. The objective of this Mission is to restore, protect and preserve the health of our ocean, seas and waters by 2030. The Mission is designed to deliver on the European Union’s 2030 quantified and measurable targets for protecting and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity, for zero pollution, and for decarbonisation and net greenhouse gas emissions reduction towards climate-neutrality, within the EU’s ocean, seas and waters. The Mission will support many Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): in particular restoring our ocean and waters related actions will directly contribute to SDG 14 - Life below water and SDG 6 - Clean water and sanitation, as well as to SDG13 - Climate action.
The Mission will also contribute to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development by fostering research and cooperation across European sea basins, including the EU Outermost Regions and beyond, and mobilise scientists, as well as citizens for a sustainable and healthy ocean, seas and waters.
The implementation plan specifies the goal and objectives as well as implementation details of the Mission “Restore our Ocean, seas and waters by 2030".
The Mission Work Programme, under Horizon Europe, will contribute to the recovery of our ocean and waters by 2030 and more specifically to the following objectives:
- Protect and restore marine and freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity, in line with the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030
- Prevent and eliminate pollution of our ocean, seas and waters, in line with the EU Action Plan Towards Zero Pollution for Air, Water and Soil;
- Make the sustainable blue economy carbon-neutral and circular, in line with the proposed European Climate Law and the holistic vision enshrined in the Communication on a new approach for a Sustainable Blue Economy
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 20.09.2023
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-01: European Blue Parks – Protection and restoration of marine habitats
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-02: Danube river basin lighthouse – Demonstration of effective and sustainable management of sediments in the Danube river-Black sea system
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-03: Atlantic and Arctic sea basin lighthouse – Addressing climate change and human activities threats to marine biodiversity
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-04: European natural lakes: demonstration of integrated approaches for protection and restoration of natural lake ecosystems and their biodiversity
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-05: Lighthouse in the Baltic and the North Sea basins - Lighthouse in the Baltic and the North Sea basins - Green and energy-efficient small-scale fishing fleets
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-06: Cross-basin topic - Innovative nature-inclusive concepts to reconcile offshore renewables with ocean protection
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-07: Cross-basin topic - Analysis of the obstacles and opportunities for repurposing aged/unused offshore infrastructures
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-08: Integration of socio-ecological models into the Digital Twin Ocean
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-09: Roadmap towards the integration of inland waters into the Digital Twin Ocean
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-10: Choose your fish: a campaign for responsible consumption of products from the sea
- HORIZON-MISS-2023-OCEAN-01-11: Ocean & water and arts: the contribution of creative sectors to Mission Ocean and waters
Budget: 87,70 MEUR
Den vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Missions" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.