Resilient, inclusive, healthy and green rural, coastal and urban communities (Horizon Europe)
Proposals for topics under this destination should set out a credible pathway to achieving resilient, inclusive, just, healthy and green rural, coastal and urban communities and more specifically one or several of the following expected impacts:
- Rural, coastal and urban areas are developed in a sustainable, balanced, equitable and inclusive manner thanks to a better understanding of the i) environmental, socio-economic, behavioural, cultural, architectural and demographic structures, ii) needs and drivers of change and their interconnections, and iii) how digital, nature-based, social and community-led innovations are deployed.
- Rural, coastal and urban communities are empowered to i) act for change, ii) be better prepared to achieve climate-neutrality and adapt to climate change, and iii) use the digital and green transitions to increase resilience and provide positive long-term prospects.
- Rural communities are equipped with upgraded innovation ecosystems and innovative and smarter circular solutions that i) increase access to services and job opportunities, including for women, young people in vulnerable situations, ii) increase their attractiveness and iii) reduce the feeling of being left behind, even in remote locations like mountains and outermost regions.
- Sustainable development of coastal areas, including coastal protection and resilience, is enhanced, reaping the benefits of social, digital and community-led innovations, to deliver nature-based and scientifically validated solutions to current coastal socio-economic and environmental threats.
- Urban and peri-urban communities – including people in vulnerable situations – can access, afford and choose healthy, nutritious and environmental-friendly food.
Communities in natural and coastal areas can offer sustainable, quality, environmentally and socially friendly tourism, recreational and leisure activities.
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 22.02.2024:
HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-01-1: Unlock the potential of the New European Bauhaus in urban food system transformation
HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-01-2: Societal perceptions and benefits of rural life and jobs: will COVID generate a long-lasting shift?
HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-01-3: Participation and empowerment of Arctic coastal, local, and indigenous communities in environmental decision-making
Budget: 15.00 MEUR
HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-02-1-two-stage: Innovating for climate-neutral rural communities by 2050
HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-02-2-two-stage: New sustainable business and production models for farmers and rural communities
Budget: 22 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.