Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination addresses activities targeting the energy demand side, notably a more efficient use of energy as regards buildings and industry. It contributes to the activities of the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET Plan) and its implementation working groups.
This Destination contributes to the following Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientations (KSO):
- C: Making Europe the first digitally enabled circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems;
- A: Promoting an open strategic autonomy198 by leading the development of key digital, enabling and emerging technologies, sectors and value chains to accelerate and steer the digital and green transitions through human-centred technologies and innovations.
It covers the following impact areas:
- Industrial leadership in key and emerging technologies that work for people;
- Affordable and clean energy;
- Circular and clean economy.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to the “Efficient and sustainable use of energy, accessible for all is ensured through a clean energy system and a just transition”, notably through
- Technological and socio-economic breakthroughs for achieving climate neutrality and the transition to zero pollution of the building stock by 2050, based on inclusive and people-centric R&I (more detailed information below).
- Increased energy efficiency in industry and reducing industry’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and air pollutant emissions through recovery, upgrade and/or conversion of industrial excess (waste) heat and through electrification of heat generation (more information below).
This Destination has at its core the ambition to deliver on the research, innovation and technological developments needs to meet EU climate and energy targets, forward-looking policy implementation and long-term carbon neutrality objective. The Destination contributes as well (e.g. through the topics that support digitalisation and smartness of buildings) to the EU digital agenda. Though biodiversity is not in the focus of this Destination, the multiple impacts of the built environment on biodiversity (e.g. in the scope of renovation) should be considered. The Destination has a strong policy dimension – it is steered by EU policy action in the energy and climate domains, the European Green Deal overreaching policy priority, the Renovation Wave Strategy (for buildings topics), the Industrial Strategy, the Industrial Emissions Directive (for industry topics) and the forward-looking policy measures proposed in the Fit for 55 – Delivering European Green Deal package.
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist 18.04.2024:
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D4-01-01: Low-disruptive renovation processes using integration of prefabricated solutions for energy-efficient buildings
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D4-01-02: Smart grid-ready buildings
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D4-01-03: Alternative heating systems for efficient, flexible and electrified heat generation in industry
Gesamtbudget für die Destination im Jahr 2024: 86 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.