Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use (Horizon Europe)
Demand side solutions and improved energy efficiency are among the most cost effective ways to support the transition to climate neutrality, reduce pollution and raw materials use, to create inclusive growth and employment in Europe, to bring down costs for consumers, to reduce our import dependency and redirect investments towards smart and sustainable infrastructure. The transition to a decentralised and climate neutral energy system will greatly benefit from the use of digital technologies which will enable buildings and industrial facilities to become inter-active elements in the energy system by optimising energy consumption, distributed generation and storage and vis-à-vis the energy system. They will also trigger new business opportunities and revenue streams for up-graded, innovative energy services which valorise energy savings and flexible consumption.
What is the goal to be achieved?
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to the “Efficient and sustainable use of energy, accessible for all is ensured through a clean energy system and a just transition”
Call topics for 2021
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-01-01: Advanced energy performance assessment and certification
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-01-02: Industrialisation of deep renovation workflows for energy-efficient buildings
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-01-03: Advanced data-driven monitoring of building stock energy performance
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-01-04: Full-scale demonstration of heat upgrade technologies with supply temperature in the range 90 - 160°C
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-01-05: Industrial excess (waste) Heat-to-Power conversion based on organic Rankine cycles
Call topics for 2022
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-02-01: Demonstrating integrated technology solutions for buildings with performance guarantees (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-02-02: Cost-effective, sustainable multi-functional and/or prefabricated holistic renovation packages, integrating RES and including re-used and recycled materials (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D4-02-03: Strengthening European coordination and exchange for innovation uptake towards sustainability, quality, circularity and social inclusion in the built environment as a contribution to the new European Bauhaus (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-01-01: Demand response in energy-efficient residential buildings
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-01-02: Renewable-intensive, energy positive homes
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-01-03: Smarter buildings for better energy performance
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-01-04: Development and pilot demonstration of heat upgrade technologies with supply temperature in the range 150-250°C
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-01-05: Development of high temperature thermal storage for industrial applications
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-01: Designs, materials and solutions to improve resilience, preparedness & responsiveness of the built environment for climate adaptation (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-02: Solutions for the sustainable, resilient, inclusive and accessible regeneration of neighbourhoods enabling low carbon footprint lifestyles and businesses (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-03: Sustainable and resource-efficient solutions for an open, accessible, inclusive, resilient and low-emission cultural heritage: prevention, monitoring, management, maintenance, and renovation (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-04: Smart-grid ready and smart-network ready buildings, acting as active utility nodes (Built4People)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D4-02-05: More sustainable buildings with reduced embodied energy / carbon, high life-cycle performance and reduced life-cycle costs (Built4People)
Gesamtbudget für die Destination 4: 244 MEUR
Destination 4 im Funding & Tenders Portal mit Auflistung der Call Topics im Arbeitsprogramm 2021-22 finden Sie hier.
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2021-2022) finden Sie hier.