Climate sciences and responses for the transformation towards climate neutrality (HORIZON EUROPE)
This Destination contributes directly to the Strategic Plan’s Key Strategic Orientation D ”Making Europe the first digitally led circular, climate-neutral and sustainable economy through the transformation of its mobility, energy, construction and production systems” and the impact area “Climate change mitigation and adaptation”.
In line with the Strategic Plan, the overall expected impact of this Destination is to contribute to the “Transition to a climate-neutral and resilient society and economy enabled through advanced climate science, pathways and responses to climate change (mitigation and adaptation) and behavioural transformations”, notably through:
- Advancing knowledge and providing solutions in the any of following areas:
- Earth system science; o Pathways to climate neutrality;
- Climate change adaptation; o Climate services;
- Social science for climate action; and
- Better understanding of climate-ecosystems interactions.
- Contributing substantially to key international assessments such as those of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) or the European Environment Agency (e.g. European environment - state and outlook reports, SOER).
- Strengthening the European Research Area on climate change.
- Increasing the transparency, robustness, trustworthiness and practical usability of the knowledge base on climate change for use by policy makers, practitioners, other stakeholders and citizens.
Coordination and synergies should be fostered between activities supported under this destination and those under other destinations of cluster 5, as well as with other clusters of Horizon Europe.
Call topics mit der Einreichungsfrist am 18.04.2023
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-01: Further climate knowledge through advanced science and technologies for analysing Earth observation and Earth system model data
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-02: Climate-related tipping points
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-03: Climate impacts of a hydrogen economy
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-04: Improved knowledge in cloud-aerosol interaction
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-05: Science for successful, high-integrity voluntary climate initiatives
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-06: Broadening the range of policy options in transition pathway analysis
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-07: Modelling for local resilience - Developments in support of local adaptation assessments and plans
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-08: Solar Radiation Modification: governance of research
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-09: Behavioural change and governance for systemic transformations towards climate resilience
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-10: Improving the evidence base regarding the impact of sustainability and climate change education and related learning outcomes
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-01-11: Needs-based adaptation to climate change in Africa
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-02-01: EU-China international cooperation on data and model development for pathways to carbon neutrality: focusing on decarbonisation, energy efficiency and socio-economic implications of the transition
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D1-02-02: EU-China international cooperation on blue carbon
Gesamtbudget für die Destination in 2023: 117.50 MEUR
Vollen Text des Arbeitsprogramms "Climate, Energy and Mobility" (2023-2024) finden Sie hier.