ERA PerMed - Joint Transnational Call 2022 - Prevention in Personalised Medicine
With its fifth transnational call (non-cofunded by the EC), ERA PerMed aims to foster research in prevention in personalised medicine. The overarching goal of the call is the development of tailor-made strategies for prevention of disease and disease progression, at three different levels:
- preventive measures decreasing the rate of incidence (primary prevention),
- early detection to increase the efficacy of a preventive therapy, even before symptoms are developed (secondary prevention), and
- interventions preventing disease recurrence or improving patients’ care and quality of life (tertiary prevention).
Research on prevention from over-treatment or overmedicalisation in primary, secondary and tertiary personalised preventive approaches is optional and could be part of research proposals, if applicable.
The clinical relevance of the proposed PM approach needs to be convincingly demonstrated. Small-scale exploratory clinical studies can be funded.
As Personalised Medicine is non-disease-specific, but rather an overall approach that can be adopted and adapted to a multiplicity of medical conditions, research projects in every disease entity are encouraged. The involvement of partners with the respective expertise in the consortium is required.
Overall objectives of the ERA PerMed call are to:
- Support translational research projectsin the field of personalised medicine with a max. duration of 3 years;
- Encourage and enable interdisciplinary collaborations towards implementation of PM combining pre-clinical or clinical research with bio-informatics components as well as ELSA research or implementation research, including health economics;
- Encourage collaboration between academia (research teams from universities, higher education institutions, public research institutions, research centres), clinical/public health research (research teams from hospital/ public health, healthcare settings and other healthcare organisations), private partners e.g. SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) as well as policy makers, regulatory/HTA agencies and patient organisations - integrating min. 3 partners from 3 different countries, max. 6 partners.
- Opening of online submission tool: 1st December 2021
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 17 February 2022 (17:00 CET)
- Submission deadline for invited full-proposals: 14 June 2022 (17:00 CET)
Guidelines for Applicants https://erapermed.isciii.es/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/2_ERA-PerMed_JTC2022_Guidelines_Launch.pdf